Simformotion™ LLC, a global simulation training company, is in need of a curriculum writer. The successful candidate will design, develop, implement and manage a comprehensive curriculum for training heavy equipment operators. Candidate will shape the learning experience to create an end-to-end solution using a blended learning approach of classroom, simulation and machine training.
- Consider the learner’s end-to-end learning needs to design, develop, coordinate and write materials to meet the overall training requirements.
- Efficiently work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to extract information required to develop training materials.
- Create training assets from raw source content.
- Develop assessments to measure knowledge gained against learning objectives.
- Design and develop instructor lesson plans.
- Meet assigned deadlines and stay on budget.
- Learn a simulation product line based on heavy equipment.
- Travel to customer sites for feedback and to assess needs in the development of materials.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates increasing content knowledge for assigned projects; becomes familiar with and applies knowledge of market research; has a thorough understanding of all relevant academic content standards.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office products. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills, with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Proven decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with secondary and post-secondary curriculum design.
- Heavy equipment or machine knowledge a plus.
- Strong knowledge of technology.
- Self-starter willing to research topics relevant to target products and industries.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Educational Assessment, Curriculum Design, Journalism, English, Instructional Technology, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong knowledge of instructional design principles and practices to include: secondary and post-secondary learning theories and academic content standards, interactive training and learning design, online design principles, distance learning, instructor-led training, evaluation methods, and version control.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, work in a fast-paced environment and accomplish results while meeting deadlines and budget restraints.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple departments, SMEs and customers.
Salary is based on experience. Benefits include 401k, health insurance, paid holidays and paid time off. Don’t miss the opportunity to join a great team in a fun, casual work environment. Apply and send your resume.
Simformotion hires without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or disability. An Equal Opportunity Employer. This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.